Friday, September 3, 2010

Swim like Phelps, Bike like Lance, and run like Meb

Today is my final block before the race with 15 days remaining the taper will begin and at just the right time too. After the conclusion of one of my hardest cycles, my legs and mind could really use a rest.

Its a broken block but still a block all the same:

6am spin class where we worked on strength endurance and using all your leg strength but in different combinations while keeping a smooth crank. Like most of my training, except the aid of a watch, its been done on feel. Sure it would be nice to have a power output computer on the bars to look down at, or a GPS to track my instant pace on runs but at the same time the wonder during the workout is what makes the workout great. I dont know how many times i've gotten home and had that Christmas morning feeling as I jumped on the computer to map my run/ride/tri to see the distance and calc my pace/speed. Then log it on Ontri.com and type up a blog for you all to join in on the enthusiasm. This workout wasnt my best but I put in the effort, a little investment to my goal finish time of 4:38 at Syracuse.

After work I went straight down to the track for my 1500m ladder (4,8,10,15,10,8,4)
up at the Fairview HS track. A little bit of background about this track, and im all about switching it up but this crazy track, somehow, ended up not even being level, its up hill slightly down the first 100m. On top of that its the highest altitude track in Boulder at about 5500'.

After a short warm up I got down to business and at first I was really winded but things got better as I got closer to the end of the workout. Overall I think things went great.

400m: 66
R1
800m: 2:53
R3
1000m: 3:40
R3
1500m: 5:38
R3
1000m: 3:45
R3
800m: 2:59
R1
400m: 70

Total: 20:11

No comments:

Post a Comment