Saturday, September 25, 2010

The War Is Over

The smoke has cleared and its time to think of whats next on the menu for me. I've read a few articles about what to do after your first 70.3 Ironman. Once you conquer that dream the only logical next step is to do a full Ironman (which takes more then twice the training and commitment). I was also reading about what to do after you have a race failure, basically get back up on the horse and try again. In the coming months im going to settle back into my winter routine and regain my muscle mass back with a solid lifting schedule. Thats generally how I started my training for this past race 10 months ago. My goal was to gain 10 lbs of muscle before I basically ran, biked and swam it off in order to prevent injury and have enough of me to last throughout training.

So I guess its the American pride inside me, but even though the war is over, im going to stick around a little bit longer and see what other trouble I can get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment