Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lifting at the Prison Yard

There are huge disadvantages of working out as a member of a large 24 hr gym. Besides the crowd of muscle heads that really have no clue on what they are doing or proper technique is that there just is way too much equipment. There is no floor space and the layout isnt conducive to proper interval training. On top of that, just once I would like to find a gym that has rubber plates and a stage for Olympic lifting! Im forced to keep my weights low on cleans for fear that if I have one wrong pull that I might kill someone when the weight drops. OPTC was great but expensive. What these gyms lack in equipment you gain in personalized training/attention and that is what you end up paying for, even if you dont need it. There just doesnt seem to be a gym out there for my level. For someone who has had all the formal training on proper technique and how to design a training plan but just needs a place to do it. I guess thats how these people like my former lifting coach at OPTC Jason end up opening their own gym in the first place.




mil press bells 4x8 B/LR/B/LR 40, 45, 50, 50
dead lift 4x5 185, 195, 235, 265
seated row 3x6 100, 120, 110
Leg curl 2x10 L/R 110, 110
Leg Ext 3x10 B/L/R 150, 110, 120
russian leg raises 2x10

Mile Run 7:37

No comments:

Post a Comment