Monday, November 29, 2010

Whats on Tap for 2011

Wanting to get a jump on the low prices and beat the max number entry cap I began to make a list of a few races that I would want to do in 2011. On this list are races that I heard about, missed due to being busy that weekend, or have already done and looking to improve on my time. Some are local, some involve travel.

Today I signed up for the Your Cause Sports series which includes the Sunrise Triathlon held at the Boulder Res, Cherry Streak Triathlon held at Cherry Creek State Park, and the Sunset Triathlon again held at the Boulder Res. All 3 events will be at the Sprint distance, points will be awarded and tallied as I go and there are special awards for individuals who show improvement both in place and overall time. One of the major reasons for entering this series, other then the fact that most of the races are less then 3 miles from my house, is that I wanted to raise money and awareness for the Seven Ribbon's Foundation. I met the founder of the foundation this fall and he made me a believer in the group. Who knows, maybe some day I might end up on the SRF team and join in on the adventures on other continent's.


SRF adventures and updates can be found on their website and through their blog.

Stay tuned for more 2011 race plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment