Friday, May 13, 2011

Its finally in

“I’m on my beater bike”
"Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce." By spokesandbeans

I give you Cortez: The newest addition to my geargasm... the Felt B-14



After almost 2 months anxiously waiting my 2011 Felt B-14 is in! While Retul was having it put together by Colorado Multisport I scheduled my final bike fitting. With Matt (who I got fit by previously) being occupied by a wedding I settled on a fitting with Ivan. A few people in the RMTC had been fit by him and he came highly recommended since he was trained by Todd Carver the bike fitting master.

This morning I showed up promptly at 0956 at the Retul studio in Boulder (if you're on time your late, especially if you are type A). However, the studio was no longer being used for bike fitting so I had to drive over to Colorado Multisport, also in Boulder. The problem with this was that CMS just had moved into a new space and the directions given were hazy at best. But I eventually found it. I was greated by a film crew Holly and Courtney from Retul for the demo they were going to film and use me in, and to my surprise Matt had reworked his schedule to get me set up!

My bike was center stage proped up and locked into a Cycle Ops trainer. Matt was using my initial zin measurements from my frame finder data to set the seat height/position and aero set up. I had brought pedals, my brand new Look KEO's and my Adamo ISM road seat (which I had been riding on my road bike for the last month to get used to it).

The session started out with a few interview questions with the Retul camera crew and then the moment I was waiting for, my introduction onto my very own TT bike. After getting my first road bike last year, I certainly stepped it up a notch this year. The fit was great, like a glove made of carbon fiber.

I got to hand it to the people at Retul, the really are no joke. They know what their doing with the fitting and rider education service that they provide. Its cutting edge and I cant wait to see whats next. Stay tuned for the demo video after its edited and approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment