Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No excuses play like a champion~ rule #5

I did have a lift or 2 and a run since my last post... the lifts were more maintain anyway so ill talk about the run which set me up for a great day when I took it to the streets today...

800m warm up on a cool evening at Clarkstown S. HS after getting kicked out at Ramapo College. This just fueled the flame, I was ready to run after a short Frolf session.

1mile 5:38 no kick
R2min
1mile 5:45

Im not sure where those came from but it must have been the smart socks I was wearing from EMS right? No it was just time to get things done on the track, im sure I can go faster. Wagner mile will be 9/11 im predicting what I predicted the first year 5:25, and thats what ill get.


Today I practiced the Bike Run transition.. I biked up 2 hills past Nyack HS and up 9w to Rockland Lake which was about 10 miles and then jumped off the bike and started truckin. I ran a 18:50 3mile!!! Not only was that the first time ive run more then 2.5 miles this year, its also my fastest time ever. Blows out my 5k time from my last race by almost 2 min. I must be doing something right in my training. And thats why I have never been a fan of over training... all those miles are not needed. You need to get your head into running the times you want, and then it will just force the body to preform till it keels. 80% mental, remember that. I really didnt push it that much so I still have more time to shave off that and also I did squats yesterday so I was a bit sore all around.

Swim tomorrow, then more biking, im going to bike until im cruising in 15th gear instead of 12. Ive come a long way since May though when my legs were starting to burn just at the end of the street.

If I lived on the Ocean this is how I would do it... I would run out parallel to the beach until I couldnt run anymore, or pick a pier and run to it for time. Id do this and increase or stretch things out until I got to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment