Monday, May 24, 2010

Hot Blooded

There was some major wind up at the Boulder Res today 35-40mph. 67* and sunny.

I watched video of the BB course and at mile 2 there is a huge hill so at the Boulder Res I went a way so that I would encounter a hill at roughly the same distance (with the wind).

Probably went out too fast because it wasnt long before my throat was so dry that I couldnt breath. Coming back the wind just about stopped me dead in my tracks.

5.3miles in 38:26 Pace= 7:17

Ill have to shave off roughly a min of time each mile if im going to break my goal of 40 mins in the Boulder BOULDER 10k, maybe the new shoes will help a bit. I know I have a 6 min mile kick in me no matter what so all I really have to shot for is 5 in 34 and ive already done 5.3 in 36min.

After the short ride back into the wind, I had a quick lunch and headed to the gym for some cross training, trying to work the lungs as much as possible today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment