Thursday, May 27, 2010

The taper, the restart

My quads feel like they have been whacked with a cane pole for stealing or vandalizing the roads with my running style. Bounce back little friends, you will be needed come "Monday Run Day"

I hoped in the pool this morning because it dawned on me how close July 11th is. For those who are paying attention that is when I'll be making my Olympic distance Triathlon debut. At this point im more worried about the first 7 miles of the bike which are up Boulder Peak (Lee Rd). Non the less it was time for a swim time trial to get my pace and see where my trouble spots would be.

True to history, and even though I went out slow, I still got burned around 200m. I punished through it and it paid off in the end, I kept my wits, stayed calm and it was pretty smooth past half way.

750m (sprint tri distance)=20:06 at Pace of @45min for the 1.2 swim leg (goal is under 40)

The only reason I stopped was because I started to fog up terribly and got water under my goggles. Not sure how that even happens but it did and it was annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment