Thursday, January 20, 2011

Saddle Sores

Yup thats right cowboys and cowgals it was time to mount up and ride into the sunset. Dispite a full class list at the 24 Hour Fitness spin class I was able to land an open spot and get my crank on. Taking to the seat for only the 3rd time since my Syracuse race in Sept. I know, sinful. In fact my road bike (Bernice) is still in the bike case in pieces the same way as I shipped from NY to CO in Sept. To be honest I just havent been overly motivated to ride it after all the machanical issues I had during my HIM race and on top of that its been a little cold and icy out since. So since I probably wont ride it again until March, least I know its safe and protected in the Ironcase.

The spin class was a mix of rolling hills and speed burst intervals. I concentrated on peddle technique using my quads and hamstrings, the push pull method and peddling in circles, not squares. In all I worked up a good bead and worked the legs but ill by no means be sore from it. The only thing you can do is next time... work harder. Thats really the name of the game. Training is trial and error, you try out a workout and see what it results in, and next time you adjust, hoping that you dont have to pay for any errors but if you do rest time will be in your future and the game starts over again after recovery.

After class I wanted to get on the treadmill for a 2 mile run but the place was packed so all I managed to get in was a few rounds of pull ups and an ab workout. I might have to switch to morning training if this keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment