Saturday, January 15, 2011

Team Supported




As mentioned in my previous post Team I recently applied for a team with store sponsorship. There were 180 applicants fighting for only 40 slots of the 3 teams (elite, race/Tri, retail) and i'm one of the lucky ones since today I signed a contract with Runners Roost Running Store as a proud member of their team. The store was looking for good representatives of the running community and my dedication to the store and the run club probably helped out a bit. Now not only will I continue to attend their weekly club runs from the store with some of the top runners in Denver, but I'll also be sporting the white and red uniform at my up and coming 2011 races (many of which are supported by RR). Its going to be great having increased support at races and having so many people to train with. I look forward to my race packed season and finally putting some numbers up that I can brag about on my applications for next year. On that note, its sure to be a PR year since I don't have a time for 8k, half marathon, duathlon, 5M, and 10M. I can also almost guarantee a PR in the 5k, 10k, Sprint and Oly Tri distances. I look forward to meeting the team members at our first meeting date to be determined. Feel free to leave questions at the bottom if you have any.

Additionally, I joined the Rocky Mountain Triathlon Club team Rocky Mountain Tri Club (RMTC). Its made up of a lot of the same faces as the RR tri team. Im excited for their organized track workouts with a group. Along with that they had some kick ass club discounts on bike classes, swim sessions (all scheduled in Google Calendar..organization is key), and some gear discounts (who doesn't want those?). The clincher for me was a 100$ saving on a bike fitting, since I'm soon to be in the market for my first TT/Tri bike and this is step one of that process. Stay tuned for my post on how that goes 2/7/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment