Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cherry Creek TT

Since I refuse to spend more money on races, I thought it was about time for a time trial. This took a bit of planning but I was able to map out a pretty nice sprint tri (17.6).

The venue was Cherry Creek State Park in Aurora, CO. I set up just like if it was a real race, my TA was a bike stand and I had a swim cap and my ear plugs. The start was a run from the beach into the water. I swam in the shallows trying to avoid jet skiiers and wake boarders, but at about 300m into it my goggles fogged up (actually they were a bit blury to begin with due to the anti fog stuff that I tried out). This resulted in me swimming past my turn around point and adding in a little bonus swimming of about 1000m instead of 750m. I ran out across the beach and once I got to my TA I tried to get the sand off my feet before jumping bare foot into the tri bike shoes. Biked up a hill right out of the gate, then it was flat for a bit, then after a wrong turn I found myself in the mix of a tri that was already going on. Opps!! Back on course I went down a long downhill and a steep uphill in the next 4 miles (at the 9mile mark).

My feet were really numb off the bike, and my shoe laces were a little too tight for the run but I muscled through it.


Swim: 25:40 for .72 miles at 35:36 pace (stopped a few times to see where I was going)
T1: 3:20 (horrible due to sand and a long beach run to the TA)
Bike: 41:17 for 13 miles at 18.9 pace (not straight paths, and with a fall off the bike full stop)
T2: 1:32
Run: 23:41 for 3.1 miles at 7:35 pace (really numb feet)
Total: 1:35:43

If the distances had been set and polished a little better, that would have been equal to a new sprint tri PR.



------------------------------------


Future workouts:

Bike-push pull workout 10 miles or more
Bike-60 miles (hilly route)
Run-10-13 off the bike
Olympic Tri TT (1500m, 26m, 10k)

No comments:

Post a Comment