Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am Dans legs

I am Dan's Legs. Standing at roughly 39" we are a delicate ensemble of muscle and bone which propels Dan wherever he wishes to wonder. Without us Dan would obviously be without legs, an immobile lump of dreaming flesh. We make dreams come true. The feet which are afraid of sun and enjoy the cavernous sanctuary which Dan's shoes provide. We perpendicularly enjoy a windy hilly route in which we must orchestrate a well timed series of delicately balanced moves. We enjoy working long hours and weekends. Overtime keeps us lean and mean.

This was a journey to say the least, you needed a break early on to hit the bathrooms at the 2 mile mark, just as I was warming up, But we were soon back on the horse. I took the largest hill of the run with a few grunts but unlike last time the gasps for oxygen and over consumtion of fuel were not present.

Sincerely,

Dan Legs

10.14 mile run at the Boulder Res. at Pace=7:17

After loop 1, I took in some much needed water and a bit of gel and started to wonder if stopping is a good idea on long runs. When things start to catch up with you and your body starts to try to recover..pumping blood back into your stomach, you start to sweat like crazy. Both of which lead to problems back on the road for loop #2. I now had sweat in my eyes and a deep cramp on my lower left side. Seeing Chrissie Wellington merge onto the trail was more then enough encouragement to trudge on at the awesome pace I had started however after a mile of running behind her I got dropped like a stone in water.

Luckily for me there were plenty of other motivators also getting in a run on this beautiful day. I pulled 2 loops around the main parking lot and set back for my finish, my first 10 mile run. A little ankle soreness/tightness, but no major knee pain like last time. I had a strong finish up a mini hill and could have been more out of breath.

Post run I jumped into what we are going to start calling the "doggie Pond" because i saw a little girl fall in after throwing a stick to her dog and then throwing a fit because she was all wet with water that the dogs were in. A ten min soak is all I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment