Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Early morning swim with BAM

My Swim this morning...


Man 5:10 am is early. I was awake before the alarm but still questioned even going this morning. In the end I got my ass up and ate a little and felt better. It was a great mock race morning, and even my stomach played its natural role. I got up to the Res a might early and got a few pix of the sunrise as they unloaded kayaks and bouys.

I signed the waver and it was my first time with BAM so it was free (no 10$ charge and no park entry fee). You should come to one hahaha. There were about 20 people by the time I finished my first lap. I got my wetsuit on, talked to the organizers about distances and I was off to the races. It was about 61* air and 70* water. I was strong to the first turn, then second turn continued but got off course aiming for a nav. bouy instead of the race ones (red and orange look the same at that low angle). Back on the trail I rounded the next and right into the sun. I tried to swim as straight as I could at 90* from the previous turn but really was swimming blind until I got within 70ft of the floaty. The next one was my next turn and I had caught up to 2 people, one I even hit in the foot and then gave them some room. I dont do alt breathing so if someone is on my left, I cant see them. It was a strong first lap of 1000m 19:18 at 31min pace. I then stopped to wipe out the fog from my goggles for 2 mins and then did another lap.

Lap 2 was not as strong and my arms were tired and cranky the first 300m but then I got some type of second wind or something and powered it home. My arms now are already sore btw this and the lift yesterday. 19:40 Pace=32





wonderland lake big out and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment