Saturday, March 26, 2011

Initial ISM Review




Today I took my first ride on my new Adamo Road ISM seat and since my new Felt bike hasn't come in yet, I was forced to mount it on my Cannondale road bike. Its a process in getting the seat at the exact position that you need but I got it pretty close and went out for an hour ride on the rolling hills of Boulders HWY 36 in some pretty windy conditions.

My first impression of the Adamo out of the box was, "wow this has more padding then the Racer? That's not much!" I pedaled onward and with in 10 mins I was already feeling some discomfort. To be honest, I have a boney/muscular butt not whats described HERE in a recent post of mine, so my sit bones easily found contact with the ISM seat. Problem is that I have never sat on them like this so it was an awakening of sorts. The discomfort did subside as I scooched forward. Ill have to make a few more adjustments but in just looking at the numbers I was able to hold a higher pace and run better off the bike so the seat did do what it said it would. More rides and testing are needed.

I would have liked to spend more time in aero position but due to the cold temps and a need for gloves, I didn't feel comfortable holding on to slippery aero bars on highly trafficed roads.

Bike (Cannondale with stirrups) 16 miles 53:18 Speed: 18.1

No comments:

Post a Comment