Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Triathlon is A Viral Sport"~ Rob Urbach USAT

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Rob Urbach at the RMTC kickoff meeting and he had a few inspiring words to say.

On that note, I've read all about Bill Burke who was newly appointed by WTC as Managing Director for the 5150 series. He has an impressive rap sheet and id like to meet him one day as well.

I agree that triathlon is viral, its the fastest growing sport in recent years and im happy to be a part of it after jumping on the band wagon in 2007. Sometimes I kind of wish that I had jumped on it right out of college but I had that phase where I was trying to get my career jump started and I needed a break to let my body heal after competing at the D1 level for 4 years. We all jump into things at our own pace and progress and until I moved to CO I can say my progress was slow going, I trained for fitness, health and look all year long to maintain but I only trained for triathlon specifically about 4 months out of the year. This will have been my first winter where I took a more aggressive approach to training and beside a few down weeks, I trained through. And we are talking off season training here, low miles, injury prevention, technique and strength building focused. My first race is 3 weeks away (I may even throw in a race 2 weeks away), at that point for all intensive purposes spring will have sprung on my 2011 season. Although I cant say Im ready to shine as a competitive racer at this point, im more eager to successfully execute my carefully planned out race schedule.

Track workout:

Warm up
800m
A-step
C-step
High knees
Knee hugs
Lunges
Hurdler rolls
Fence leg swings
2x50 striders

Chad 4x(interval+400m)=11:24

prisoner squats
400
pushups with knee to elbow
400
speed skaters
400
Star lift (lateral lef lift)
400

No comments:

Post a Comment