Monday, March 28, 2011

Where, Its Important

My run today supports the undeniable fact that where you do your workout is just as important as what the workout is, when you do it, and who you do it with. Since as a triathlete, much of our workouts are solo (since we try to fit them in while still maintaining some type of life), the with whom element will be neglected in this rant.

I like data so I often track when I did a certain distance run, lets say I set up my week for 2x40-60min, 2x30-45min and 1x45-90min. In order for that data of pace, actual running time and distance covered to be comparible, I have to pick from a list of running routes where I compare and hopefully show improvement. Today I threw that out the window and ran somewhere new, the Highland Canal Path in south Denver.

I did 3 by 2miles at right around 7:00 pace, now thats more like it! The route was on a gravel path and had a mix of rolling hills and winding turns. Oddly enough, no foot pain, and my legs were at least 80% recovered. I guess sometimes you just have to switch things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment