Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Im not sure where this energy came from

I think ive become a believer in varying my running terrain. There doesnt seem to be a decent all weather track in all of Syracuse!! Today I was at some North HS district track which was all asphalt, and let me tell you I posted some of my fastest times to date (2009). Id like to get at least 2 more trail running days in (careful of the cankles), and a 3 mile time trial. So far my tender feet have not allowed me to run more then 2 miles at a time.

1 mile: 5:50
R2:00
400: 1:29
R 1:1 ratio (all the remaining)
400: 1:24, 1:22, 1:14, 1:13

This means that I kept running faster on less rest!!
My legs were sore a bit from the squats and lunges but as you can see, not drained of power. My strides were even and high and I really wasnt out of breath (especially after the mile run). My calfs are expected to be burned out tomorrow but will not be needed for the biking hell I have in store for these legs of mine. Swim to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment