Saturday, August 1, 2009

Two little mice fall into a bucket of cream

The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned, but the second mouse, he struggled so hard that he eventually churned that cream into butter and he walked out.

To me character is defined by the things you do when no one is looking. Inner motivation can not be taught. We train a little harder and harder each day so that come race day it all seems easy, it all seems normal. You've heard that preparation is perspiration right? I just like to be creative with it to keep my mind focused on something that isnt self destructive.

Bike day:
I think I may have reached my breaking point speed wise with my Mt bike. I paced an 11min 3 mile (on the flat) which is good enough for a 45 min 13miler

Biked about 15 today with a stop at Nyack HS to do a 3:00 min 800m and then 3 caber flips
1:11, 1:06, :55 ( liked that last one) for 50m. I think im going to jump that up to 100m next time im up there, and I have yet to set something up with my milk crate and bricks which are hidden in the woods up there.

Oh and rare if ever occurrence: On my ride from the Nyack track to Rockland Lake Park I was hoofing it up this hill and a deer jumped out of the woods and ran into my arm. I kid you not!!! I must be the only one ever to run into a deer (or in this case a deer ran into me) while riding a bicycle. Please comment on this one, because I may still be in shock.

Boo ya Grandma

1 comment: