Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beach bum

I got back into open water today to try to boost my swim confidence. The water was still pretty cold but I took some time first to get acclimated to it and then did a warm up. After that I was bound and determined to get some time in the water (I could have even done more).

I did 975m at a slower pace, trying to control my breathing, and dip my head in the water every once in a while. My arms werent even that tired when I finished so I did another 200m in 3:50 with my head in the water 90% of it. I guess I just needed to wear myself out before I could settle in and not panic. Still thinking of trying out some ear plugs. It will most likely upset my balance but I dont swim straight as it is anyway.

I was hoping that the water would warm up a lot more before the Boulder Peak Tri so that I didnt have to be constricted by my wetsuit (it seems to be preventing me from getting a full breath), but I dont think im going to be that lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment