Friday, June 4, 2010

The Great Divide

Today I made the jump from pool to open water swimming. Never before has the transition been this much of a difference. Probably due to the fact that in previous training I had just about a 50/50 split of each. Training in small hotel pools and then the Ocean or park lakes.

I road my bike up to the Boulder Res, which is about 3.5 miles. Threw on my wet suit because the water is only about 60*. The wet suit does make you more Buoyancy and sleek but restricts your arm movements considerably, and squeezes your muscles making them tight.

I did 4x280m (roughly) at 4:00, 3:58, 3:45, 4:00

The cold water made me panic too much when I put my head in, the sound was different and not being able to see anything in the water just freaks you out. So my head was up the whole time, not exactly the most efficient style. My tinted swim goggles dont fit me and not only do they fog up right away but they also let water in and feel really uncomfortable. I guess this is why we practice, so that all these little kinks can be ironed out before race day. Boulder Res... ill be back.

I then road the bike home about 5 miles in 15 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment