Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My water wings went flat

Popped right up this morning but struggled to find the motivation and focus to get in a quality lift. It seems like its been so long since ive thrown a solid lift in that im a little detached on what I should be doing. Also, id like to throw in some Olympic lifts but after doing the squats and ending up sore for 4 days (losing days) Im a little bit more cautious. Its ok though because we are nearing the end of the cycle and after my Olympic Tri debut everything will start a new.

So what will I do differently leading up to the 70.3? Well obviously ill increase both my distance and time in the pain zone (ill have to do more blocks), ill be doing more hills (still have yet to be able to run up Mt Sanitas and that was a goal of mine that would tell me when I was ready for this thing).

Lift: (short, and rushed due to having to go to work)

5 min bike warm up
Bench 3x6 (135) not happy with the loss of my bench strength
Bi 2standing 2 sitting by 6 35, 40 bells
Shoulder row 3x10 15 bells
box jumps 2x8
Ball sit ups 2x20


After work I swam. I had Ky come into the pool with me to switch it up and mimic the crazy battle zone that the tri swim is. She did a great job splashing, making waves, pushing me around. So much in fact that at least 2 times I began to choke on water. I managed a 550m swim though at 35 min pace and then 4 min lil kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment