Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For those about to rock, we solute you

Workout Wed. was moved to its new Day/time slot this week, and we switched up the venue to add to the excitement. Work does get in the way of training but you need to eat eventually right?

New addition Liz Smith, a UNC Charlotte rock star, joined in on the action this week at the Boulder Res for a heart pounding, bootie locking mile repeat session.


4x1mile: 6:04, 6:19, 6:20, 6:39 with 2min rest Total: 25:23

Naturally we picked a spot on the Res loop that had hills both at the start and the finish each way. I guess there are no free rides here in Boulder. The first one we went out way too hard. I battled with Liz on the second, and rocked the 3rd (alone because I took extra rest). The last one I really started to lock up, due to yesterdays fiasco and lift. I almost stopped about half way up the last hill, telling me that I really have to work on my mental toughness endurance. Thats the trick to being a great endurance athlete, being able to endure pain for long amounts of time and just blocking it out.

I've always had strong focus, and a lot of aggression, but heaping helpings of pain just drive me crazy!

But thats not the most of my mental issues right now...

Swim at 24hr Fitness (narrow lanes) .2 miles at 40min pace (hardly worth logging)

My swim is getting worse! First off: I dont swim straight and that causes some major problems. I tried to mimic the murky waters of the lake by closing my eyes in the water and only opening them when I take a breath, this helped a little but not by much. I guess im just too afraid of running into something so I panic until I lift my head up to survey the situation. I have a feeling that ill be taking a breath every stroke, and looking up every 3 or so.

Goggles need to be replaced. It will be my 4th set of goggles (one for each Tri ive done), so im hoping I get it right this time. Im going to try the ear plugs (maybe silence will calm me).

http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Sphere-Pair-Plugs-Swimming/dp/B000LVOWCK/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1276025358&sr=1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment