Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Training in Cabo San Lucas




12/28/10-1/3/11

Finding very few prospects in the way of trails or safe navigable roads I was sentenced to do my run training on the treadmill. Fly all the way to Cabo for a few thaw out sessions and I'm still stuck indoors. I did break down some barriers however and managed to get a 27 and 20 min run on this powered death trap. By far the longest runs time wise I've been able to endure on the thing.

12/29/10: 27min @3.2 miles at @ 7:20 pace (estimates)
Lift:
Bench 3x6
Leg Ext L/R 2x10

12/31/10. 20min @2.5 miles at @ 7:10 pace (estimates)
5x1min with 1 min rest elevation at #3 and pace about @6:00 min.
Yoga

On top of that, even though the pool was about 60* I came prepared enough with a thermal top to get in a few laps in a roughly Olympic length pool.


12/30/10. 5x100m 1:20 avg., 30 sec rest
1/1/10. 600m swim at 34min pace, 1x100m at 1:11

As you can see I've kept consistent with the theme of my training, making due with what you have at hand and taking the knowledge you've accumulated and fabricate workouts.

Lastly, on 12/29/10 I decided to do a bit of exploring. Refusing to spend 12$ on a taxi to go 2 miles to Marina de Cabo, I hiked it partly on a sketchy dirt road and the beach strun with Mexican vendors and waves eager to swallow me up. I then continued past the marina another 4 miles to the tip of the Baja Peninsula to Playa del Amor. Which included some rock climbing a few cliffs, descending areas of loose rock and avoiding waves crashing into the rocky shores. Nothing im not used to here in Boulder (except for the waves), but I was rewarded with a private beach paradise, where I took a dip in the cool salty water. All tole it was about a 10 mile hike with a shortcut found on the return that I continued to use the following days of my trip (about 3 more times back to the marina).

No comments:

Post a Comment