Sunday, March 21, 2010

Greasey grimey gopher guts

5.5mi 38:43 = 7:02 pace

Ran the Diagonal to Pleasantview Park (where I would have had my soccer game today), on the 4 mile creek path, to Jay St, to 57th (with its massive hill), Independence way to foothills path and home.

After the first 8 miles I had to stop due to lack of Oxygen. Then had to stop due to 4 mile path being closed and under construction..lead to a really muddy path where I went more distance into the ground then horizontal. Then again at the top of 57th st hill near the Airport to watch the gliders take off and land. Basically mile/stop, 2mile/stop, 1mile stop. The pace felt more like 8:00 though, and my lungs werent liking it. My feet started to get initial blistering as well, but that may have been due to the run mainly being done on the road and hard surfaces (im building up immunity).,

So the title is about me almost lowering myself like Alice down the rabbit hole when a Prairie Dog hole came out of nowhere and I almost tripped in it. These holes are everywhere and you really have to look out when you are on the trails.

Today I signed up for the Warrior Dash 3.5mile race at Copper Mt with obstacles, this is a race I really think I can excel at because im agile. Bring on the fire!!

No comments:

Post a Comment