Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick would be proud of this workout

Modified Crossfit Chad at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Golden, CO. Team Simpson out in full fierce force doing some major damage and stopping out a plethora of stairs. This certainly go the blood pumping and the lungs squeaking. Especially for my sister Karen who is a Sea Level visitor and training partner for the week.

it was a calm 70* day and the bright sun shown both on the beautiful red rocks and our soon to be red sunburned skin because when the sun's out, the guns are out!!

Red Rocks Chad:

.5 mile hill jog warm up and stretch.

Prisoner squats X20
Run up to the top of the stairs and back down
Pushups with star hold X10 on each side
Run up to the top of the stairs and back down
Burpees with block jump X15
Run up to the top of the stairs and back down
Dips X20
Run up to the top of the stairs and back down
Box jumps X20
Wall climbs X8
Rest
Wall climbs X5

Time was about 20 mins (and just 3 days after spraining my ankle during a soccer game)

Extreme Red Rocks Abs:

Bicycle kicks (forward) x20
Bicycle kicks (backward) x20
V-ups x20
Side V-ups X10 each side
V-sit twists x40
Plank with alt. hand and foot raise (with mini high five with partner facing) x20


Then a 3 mile run at 7-8 min pace

Watch our you tube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjriXZXNxME

Thoughts:

The other day I was roped into a conversation and explanation of why I keep a blog and FB fan page. For the most part its for motivation and note keeping. I've inspired myself to increase workouts and others to get into some races. I think its awesome when newbies come to me for advice and direction of how to get off the couch and into a road race. As ive stated before im a huge advocate for no child left inside, even if that is an adult with his/her inner child itching to be let loose. As I go back and reread my entries I cant help but notice how much I have learned in my past 3 years of blogging and how my knowledge of fitness, training, nutrition and equipment has vastly improved. I wish I knew then what I now know. Its apparent to me that during my NCAA career I didnt know anything but hard work, however time was less of an issue then it is now. Ive managed to raise the bar and be in the best shape of my life year after year, continually bettering my performance and enduring less injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment