Monday, March 8, 2010

"Its the climb," "but the mountains win again"


Been looking forward to today's workout/adventure for the past 2 weeks. I totally got destroyed last time in my summit attempt...today was better and I think I pushed my lungs farther then I have in a very long time (more then when doing CHAD or even the 1500 ladder workout). I should come up with great names for these workouts but cant because they are never exactly the same.
Mt Sanitas with La Senorita Kylee. We both started the trail with a little mountain intimidation but after about 500m in my lungs gave out and didnt stop gasping until the top about a mile and half later. Kylee kicked it into high gear and took the mountain like the last storm we had which dumped 4" of snow up there. Least she melted the snow off the trail. We made it up to the first lookout point in 19:30, but know we can do better. Made it to the summit (after a short break) 7 mins later.

Then it was time for the fun, where I shine... the decent. We had a few switchbacks, a little ice and slush, one or 2 man/woman down situations and something called skreeing (;) ). Absolutely a full body workout and I was happy enough with it this time to not try to attempt an additional summit. Mileage tally: 3 miles

Home: stretched it out and completed a round of P90x ab ripper (11 movements at 25 rep)
CO will take me to a whole new level, if it doesnt kill me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment