Monday, March 22, 2010

Time to shed that baby fat



Wonderland Lake Run:
44:23 for 5.84 miles Pace=7:35

We were both proud of how well this went, and how we were able to keep such a speed even with mega hills. With out a doubt we dipped into the 6's for pace at some points.

In the month of March I have already done a little over 70.3, Swim/Bike/Run and in April I want to double that!!

Every year in the past 3 years I've become more fit and in the best shape of my life. How is this attained? Motivation, education and improved goal setting!

After visiting the Health Science exhibit at the Denver Science Museum Im more and more interested in what my heart is doing. After all its my engine right? Resting HR is 44 here at a mile high but was 39 back in NY. My exercise zone is at 153 bpm which is very attainable here at altitude but almost never achieved in the gym at sea level (130s were met). Im going to keep an eye on my HR and I think you should too. After the run today I was surprised at how fast my recovery is. Ill have the length of time after my research task exercise.





A future swim workout im going to try: (From Active.com)

five-days-aerobic/one-day-sprint schedule)

Warm-Up
1,500 swim (alternate 200 freestyle, 100 stroke)

Pre-Set
8x50 @ 50-second interval for each 50 (alt. butterfly/freestyle)
8x50 @ 50 secs (alt. backstroke/freestyle)

Kick Set
300 easy @ 6:00
6x100 @ 2:00 - fast

Hypoxic Set
(wear fins if preferred)
400 (breathe every 3rd stroke)
300 (breathe every 5th stroke)
200 (breathe every 7th stroke)
100 (breathe every 9th stroke)

Main Set
16x100
Odd: Fast freestyle
Even: Active rest, 100 easy backstroke
(descend 1-4 freestyle to race pace and maintain)

3x [4x (50 easy + 50 pace)]
1st round @ race pace
2nd round @ faster
3rd round @ sprint

Easy 200 cool-down

TOTAL: 7,200 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment