Saturday, March 13, 2010

This is not a sport for the tenderfoot


Woke up this morning feelin like P. Diddy!! Im happy with how fast my body is recovering, I must be doing just about the right amount of workload and technical training/ rest.

Went out for what I would call a long run but ill soon find out that its more of a tempo run.

3.18 out in 24:56
3.1 back in 22:45

6.28 miles in 47:01
Pace=7:29!! Im happy with that for now.

So one thing I want to mention, the title. You have to take care of your feet. Generally since im always wearing shoes and the fact that I dont have a lot of miles behind me yet, Im left with soft feet. After the run today I have a little rubbage. I remember in my previous Tri's that after a 3 mile run I would have the same thing. This is a serious concern and im going to have to approach it with respect.

The other thing I thought about on the run was how trail familiarity provides confidence and you really do run faster. My suggestion is to get very familiar with your race course!

No comments:

Post a Comment