Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Forced time off

Due to a 4 day drive cross country and extreme cold my training schedule has been interrupted for a few short commercial breaks. Since ive picked up some achy joint pains and sometimes wake up feeling like I gained 10 years on my life and body over night, ive done an assessment.

My plan is to start eating better, smarter and at the more appropriate times.

Do I want to waste countless hours in the grocery store gazing at labels and nutrition factoids? NO! but ill do it for a week, and get educated. Call it an extra credit assignment where I compare T/F. Ill keep notes and post them up here. Oh, donations welcome though... its a little hard to shop without money and im without income at the moment.

Inspiration came from a number of sources, but the most recent is this article:
http://eating.health.com/2008/08/05/gold-medal-eating-from-olympic-athletes/

No more what I want, when I want!!


Rolled oats
Whole grains
low fat, non fat
low carb
no HFCS
Minimal sugars
Lots of water

No comments:

Post a Comment