Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hug a Track and Field Runner for good luck

Yoga class at 24hr fitness to loosen up. Im majorly sore, so I took the day off from lifting. The class really did help out, and you wouldnt expect it but you do work up a bit of a sweat. I managed to master the Birds of Paradise pose but I fell on some pretty easy ones due to my mat moving and lack of yoga practice. I'm going to try to throw 2 sessions in a week to get my flexibility back before the next cycle which i'll be lifting again heavily (after the Colfax Marathon relay), and ill be doing a lot more hills and mountain hiking (have to make up for lost exercise from skiing).

I got on the bike after that to ride up to Boulder Reservoir, however 2 miles in I slammed a pot hole and lost pressure in my back tire. Flat and stranded there was only one thing to do. Walk home in disappointment with my helmet in hand. The negative energy that I just expelled had returned 2x, for when I got home I found that my spare tube also had a hole in it.

Devotion, Dedication, whatever, I made it up to the Res parking lot. Got out and blasted out the of the gates the first mile which was close to 6:15 pace, crossing the 2 mile mark in about



5.24 miles in 37:34, Pace=7:09

Sore as hell!! My quads felt like someone hit them with a bat. So I never opened it up, there are 3 major hills and I feel like I can go at least 6:30 pace. Which would be @35mins. Less windy this time then last time.

My goals for the month were Run, Bike, Swim=90,200,2 but at this point they are 37, 125, and 1.45. With my bike out of commission and my leg soreness im not sure if ill be able to reach those goals. I certainly got in more then last month already and its a result of both increased distance and getting in more nice training days. I've done more blocks and Bricks this month and so far that trend is working out. Ill chart my improvements (Run, Bike pace) in one of the next entries. until then, stay healthy

Nomaste

No comments:

Post a Comment