Friday, April 2, 2010

Apparently its faster to walk

This mornings workout plans were supposed to be a lot different, but after getting on the bike and being frozen 10 mins later I turned back and racked back up. Then got my swim gear but found that the pool was closed due to filter pump problems. Still motivated to release some major energy I started a sprint Crossfit Cindy (trying to maintain for when im back in Rochester in May and will have the opportunity to train with Ewa). After 4 rounds I stopped, a lot less out of breath this time, but I just wasnt feeling those movements anymore.

I pumped up the trance music and it was like a recharging bat to the back of the head, I got that eye of the tiger and started kick boxing and punching up a storm. Then doing air jump roping (double unders).

After that I remembered that swimming this week was neglected so, no stranger to ingenuity I picked up the 2.5lb mini plates and started punching with those, then doing some swim strokes. Front crawl, back, butterfly while the pump and bump of the music set the pace. This nonsense went on for at least 10 mins, shirtless in front of the mirror. It was a great opportunity to check out my form and really see which muscles these movements include.


Mt Sanitas to the first lookout under the tree 20:12 (ha wow interesting time). Anyway I actually was able to go slow and steady but I was running up this instead of a brisk hike. Apparently that ended up being a slower pace, however I wasnt gasping for breath the whole time and I did end up with a killer stomach ache which hindered me a bit.

My goal is to be able to run up this whole thing, its about 2.5 miles with 1,255ft vertical gain. You've heard that if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball? Well I think if you can run up mountains that the flats will somehow feel like downhills. Im trying out this mental game, fooling my brain into thinking that flat open roads and open strides are some how effortless.

Working a mental burn: Get some thoughts thought out, play with pace numbers in your head, listen or sing music, wave to everyone and anything you see...endorphins are contagious!

No comments:

Post a Comment