Friday, April 23, 2010

If you're not gettting better you're getting worse

After taking a "Day off" yesterday I was itching to get some work done today. My Bally's membership is paid up until the end of this month, at that point I have to make a decision to renew or cancel. I've been leaning toward canceling for about 3 years now since not living closer then 20 miles of the nearest gym (there arent many of them). Across the street from my apt is 24 hr fitness so I popped in there for a trial membership. They are going to give me 2 weeks free and the membership fees after that are pretty comparable to what I was paying at Ballys anyway, never mind the fact that access is so much easier being within sight of my home. No brainer right there!! Did I mention that they have pretty much everything that I would need, and all the machines are brand new?

Short lift:

5min bike warm-up
Bench 4x8-10 (130, 140, 155, 160)
Bi 2x6 (40 bells)
Pull up 2x7
Dead Lift 4x5 (205)

After that I was noticing that it wasnt the Red Rocks workout canceling horrible weather that we were expecting. Go figure, the weather guys got it wrong again. Sometimes I swear I can predict better then them by just looking out the window. No need for dopler ten or any other fancy equipment. This being so...I was motivated to bike since this week I only got a short session in.

I took to the Diagonal Rt-111 to Niwot and Niwot Rd. (the open road was right into the wind, but I suffered through it (its always windy here).
28:12 7.80 miles pace=16.6mph

Stopping off at Niwot HS (in Longmont???) for a jump off mile
6:18 1.0 mile

Then it was back on the bike after a short pee break, down 95th St where it was smooth sailing. No im not joking!! With the wind in my favor and gravity (down hill) I could have really opened it up but im noticing a few issuse with the bike that ill have to remedy before kicking some asphalt again.

-slow leak in the front tire
-both shifters in need of tuning, possibly replacing
-front wheel is rubbing
-Chain needs to be lubed

47:53 14.70 Pace= 18.42 mph Total=22.50miles (48+28:05= 1h16m:05)

When I got home I still had more energy so after a quick gel I woke up my now numb feet with another off the bike run.

14:14 1.84 miles Pace=7:40

My left shin was burning after about half a mile, the same way it was on the track for work out Wed. I suffered through it by running in the grass for a bit. Stopped around the 2 mile mark to stretch it out. Rejuvenated I was eager to high-tail it home at a respectable pace (the pace id like to hit).

7:44 1.06 miles Pace=7:17

In all im a happy camper. Today is the Duathalon championships in Richmond, it just might be my next big thing since I pretty much loath the swim with every ounce of me. Thats 2640.000 oz to be exact!

No comments:

Post a Comment