Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sandwich

On paper it looked like a great day for a ride: 60* sunny with @21mph winds however once I got to the other side of Boulder I encountered glass shattering 36 mph gusts!! It was hard enough staying on the bike and in the bike lane. I tried a new route today to check out what I would be dealing with if I road down to Denver. Lets just say the hills are too steep for my bike that doesnt have a granny gear, and I will not be doing that ride (but there are alternatives).


10.68 in 45min out to Flat Iron Vista Trail pace=14.24

6:29 mile run off the bike, with a dismount and run to a pretend transition area mock, on the Fairview Track. While up there I met up with Olympian Matty Reed who was up there doing a workout (sadly I missed that and couldnt check that out) (Tues and Friday mornings he is up there, so I will be returning).

10.68 in 38:23 Return (must have gotten up to at least 40 mph down that huge hill, I thought I was going to crash and die for sure. Death grip on the bars.



Later in the day I decided to throw in a double..Tabata interval workout which I did without weights but It really did loosen me up and alleviated my soreness (at least temporarily)

No comments:

Post a Comment