Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tweaks and Changes

Bike Run Combo

Bike 10 min = @ 3.5miles
Boulder Res Run=5.33miles 37:36 pace= 7:03
Bike 35:36 min =9.92 pace=16.76mph


Im pleased with the run, I actually could have gone a bit faster even if my calfs werent still sore from Monday's calf 400m. Looking forward to the track workout on Sat! Enjoying seeing my pace drop dramatically and seeing my distances increase. That 5.5 felt more like a 4mile.

This week and next im really going to concentrate on my biking and swimming which arent really seeing any improvements thus far. I also set some distances goals on Ontri (that really is a great site!!) and I want to run one 10 miler in the next two weeks once my blisters fully heal. Then im going to tone it down a little for a 2 weeks cycle and get some speed back in my legs so that I can finish up my soccer season. I just signed up for the Colfax Marathon Relay, not sure which leg im going to be running but its anywhere from 4 to 6 miles, and im super psyched to see what our team can do. Top five at least!


I've decided that one of the first changes im going to make is to jack up my Crossfit workouts, and double them to make them more conducive to endurance racing. Ill call the next Red Rocks workout "Super Chad" which will be all 3 of my chad workouts in one.

1 comment:

  1. Top five? Not an option. With a team like ours, we are getting first. Im liking the ideas you have for your training. The running is coming along nicely, and I agree, I think you should focus a little more on your cycling and swimming. Ill always be there to run you into the ground until you puke.

    ReplyDelete